Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adventures in Far Away Lands

Tomorrow I leave America for the first time, for a country that I have dreamed of for years. India. Over the past few years my heart has ached for unwanted children, and visions of India have stuck with me. So to combine these two desires in one trip is sure to make for an amazing experience. In the past, I've felt that 'short-term missions' were a waste of time and only benefited those who went to serve. But this trip is about delivering supplies, directly investing financially in specific ministries, and creating/nurturing relationships. To show love to these girls, of all ages up to 19, is the greatest privilege of my life so far, and I haven't even met them yet. To hug them, play games with them, sing with them, read to them, and share God's love with them... I'm crying already, and I haven't even left yet!

I'll be sure to give a full report along with plenty of pictures upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment