Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Accountability... It's a Wonderful Thing

I will be the first to tell you that I am a classic example of someone who doesn't always practice what they preach. Hey, no one is perfect, and I don't expect anyone else to be perfect either. But I strive for optimal health and to make the best decisions as often as possible.
vegetables
I often have difficulty in my decision making because of a lack of accountability. Yes, I'd like to think that I'm strong enough and possess enough conviction to make the right food choices purely because it's the right decision. Apparently I'm not. And that's OK.

My 'significant other', who currently lives 5.5 hours away and requires a restricted diet and constant physical activity, will soon be moving into town. This man has no self control either, so I will be forced to keep anything that I don't want him to eat out of my cupboards. Because he WILL eat it, and suffer for it.

I'm looking forward to his accountability of constant exercise and strict diet, to remind me of why I make the decisions I do and help me create better habits.

So my question to you is... what are YOUR goals? What do YOU need accountability in, and who in your life can help you with it?

1 comment:

  1. I have a dry erase board in my office called "In 2011 I Will..."
    and the goals I have written on it are:

    -"Never put my arm down " (inside joke...that really makes no sense)
    -run a faster 5k
    -fun my first 10k
    -train for a half marathon
    -read thru the Bible
    -read at least 12 books
    -ski

    ReplyDelete